Our Warrior Deaken

Saturday, January 1, 2011

What a year....

I survived the holiday...Not that it was a surprise or that I had a choice, but I knew I would and knew I would be carried through.  Some special things in remembering Deaken at Christmas was each family's Christmas  tree had a special ornament for Deaks.  My grandma made a special stocking for Deaken with hearts and angel's wings, which was very thoughtful.

I received a very special gift from my cousin Desiree this year.  She had a blanket made with 26 pictures of Deaken (26 for his 26 days).  It is so special to Jeff and I, we feel so blessed to have such caring family members.  With the blanket was a card from the maker of the blanket, I read the card later that night and it brought tears to my eyes reading such sweet and kind words from someone whom I have never met but to know how touched she was by making this blanket and how she will never forget our sweet baby boy.  It just makes me think, what a present in itself to know how much Deaken still is touching peoples Lives...He truly is an angel.

2010 sure was a challenging year and not just for me but for so many I know.  We had a few friends of the family pass away, my good friend's husband passed away before Christmas and having friends that are struggling has really had me put my grieving on the back burner.  There was just so much hurt last year, so much hurt that I have never known. Heaven sure did recieve some amazing angels last year.

Bring on 2011, it has to be up hill from here right?  I ended the year with the stomach flu :(  it was horrible and I can't remember the last time I was so sick!  I wasn't surprised that I would be spending the last day of the year in bed, what luck!  Jeff has been taking care of me bringing food, drink or whatever I needed and I have been taking full advantage of it, what a guy!

New Years Day marks a very special angel's 1st birthday this year.  Hazel Marie Heidelberger is celebrating her 1st birthday in heaven today.  I know I have mentioned my friend Angie (Hazel's mommy) before who I have a special connection with.  I believe we have been connected by the grace of God to help one another in this journey we are on.  I cannot imagine what it is going to be like to be at the one year mark with Deaken and find myself at a loss of words for Angie today, knowing how heavy her heart is.  I ask that whoever is reading please keep the Heidelberger family in their prayers today and the next 14 as they relive all they went through a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment